“Untitled Kintsugi 2020” ~ Is the title of my most recent painting. We can all feel the pressure crushing us into little pieces sometimes. She is crushed, cracked and broken, yet she is mended back together with gold – Inspired by the ancient Japanese art of Kintsugi and blending it with my Latin roots – […]
Your kids can learn a bit about space and astronomy with a Free eBook download of “The Moon Show” with an online Read-Aloud, this week for Children’s Book Week 2020! Read. Dream. Share.#BookWeek2020AtHome
“El Coquí” ~ Latest painting final touches. Whether it’s with writing or with other art forms, sometimes it’s hard to know when you’re finished. This one is inspired by the beautiful island of Puerto Rico, featuring the coqui, which is the local tree frog. Coquis are usually very elusive and tiny, hard to see, but they sing “coquí” […]
Download “The Moon Show” and “El Show De La Luna” for FREE on Amazon.
My article “Inspiring The Artemis Generation” was featured in the About The Author section of the Latina Style Magazine. Read full article at http://magazine.latinastyle.com/about-the-author-inspiring-the-artemis-generation/. Thank you!
Enter for a chance to win “The Moon Show”!
Today I was Veteran Of The Day by the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs. I am proud to have served in the U.S. Army for 6 years active duty and am grateful to be honored today. Thank you! To read their full article, please visit https://www.blogs.va.gov/VAntage/70042/veteranoftheday-army-veteran-carmen-gloria-perez/
Why are planets and moons named after mythological figures?
One thing I’ve heard too many times is “You don’t look like you were in the military!” I was never quite sure what people meant by that because what is a military veteran supposed to look like? When I came to Norway I also discovered that apparently some people believe that if you join the […]
“Inspiration exists, but it has to find you working.” – Pablo Picasso
* Experiencing the wonderful art of Quentin Tarantino
* The battle in Oslo for tolls increase on cars in the city vs. money for better public transportation
* To make our dreams come true, we have to DARE even when fear strikes*
*Sandefjord, Tønsberg, Tjøme, Horten, Borre and Åsgårdstrand are places to see in Norway #TravelTuesday
* Whether you visit Crete as a Greek mythology fan, or to see the sights, or to relax, it is all worth while #TravelTuesday
* A fun interview, recipe and book giveaway celebrating Apollo 11’s 50th year anniversary
“Young planet fans will enjoy this cute tale, which warms the heart.”
I’ve taken a few days off from work here in Crete to enjoy the weather and the beach. It has been magical and I love it here. Can never get the island girl out of me. Today I needed to catch up with emails and reading some of my favorite children’s book blogs, and […]
*Summertime in Crete
* The story of how Pluto got demoted from a planet told so children can understand and have fun while doing so*
* To celebrate Father’s Day and being in the Best New Space Books 2019 list, “Thank You Mercury!” is FREE one more time
“Vibrant inter-planetary picture book…”
* For Travel Tuesday I’m writing about the “koselig” little city I live in, Horten, Norway *
* By Bob’s Books Blog